Contemporary Jazz, Big Band
- Performer:Irvin Mayfield
- Album:Strange Fruit
- About:Label: Basin Street Records – BSR 0404-2
Type: CD, Album
Date of released: 2005
Style: Contemporary Jazz, Big Band
- ZIP / RAR Size (FLAC version)1715 megabytes
- ZIP / RAR Size (MP3 version)1632 megabytes
- Other formats:TTA XM AAC DTS MP4 WAV FLAC
- 1715 downloads at 32 mb/s
FLAC version ZIP / RAR archive
|2||Intro / Opening Statements||6:10|
|3||The Beginning Of The End||4:53|
|5||Oral Traditions Of The South||4:03|
|6||The Elder Negro Speaks||4:03|
|10||Ballad Of The Hot Long Night||7:13|
|11||Narration #5 / Beat||9:09|
|13||The Lynch Mob (You Better Run Boy Run)||4:52|
|14||Hoopin' And Hollerin||3:47|
|16||The Prayer / Final Words||3:48|
|18||The Sacrifice / The Mourning||7:00|
|19||Narration #9 / Falling Leaves Yet Growing Trees / Ah Yes The Blues||3:03|
- Choir – The Dillard University Choir
- Conductor, Trumpet, Composed By – Irvin Mayfield
- Directed By [Choir] – S. Carter Davenport
- Engineer – Darryl Dickerson
- Executive-Producer – Mark Samuels
- Executive-Producer [Associate] – Will Samuels
- Liner Notes – Lucas Diaz
- Mastered By – Vlado Meller
- Narrator – Wendell Pierce
- Orchestra – The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- Other [Cover Model] – Melissa Lavigne Fowler
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Alto Saxophone – Aaron Fletcher , Darryl Reeves
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Baritone Saxophone – Samir Zarif
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Bass – Neal Caine
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Drums – Troy Davis
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Percussion – Rashidi Johnson
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Piano – Jonathan Batiste, Victor Atkins
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Tenor Saxophone – Brice Winston, Calvin Johnson
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Trombone – Steven Walker , Terrance Taplin, Troy Andrews
- Performer [New Orleans Jazz Orchestra], Trumpet – Eric Lucero, Leon Brown, Lionel Valadares
- Photography By – Jeff Strout
- Producer, Mixed By – Delfeayo Marsalis
NotesTotal Running Time: 77:53
Strange Fruit was commissioned by Dillard University, New Orleans.
It had its world premiere on October 19, 2003, in Lawless Chapel at Dillard University.
Recorded live on March 19-20, 2004, at Lawless Chapel, Dillard University, New Orleans, LA.
Engineered at Artistic Studios, New Orleans, LA.
Cover model clothing provided by Saks Fifth Avenue, New Orleans, LA.
Irving Mayfield plays trumpets hand built by Dave Monette.
Irvin Mayfield Publishing (BMI)
©℗ 2005 Basin Street Records
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 52905 04042 3
- Matrix / Runout: A01 CTDX-001548 1
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L329
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 50D3
Warning! Your ISP is tracking you!
Your IP Address is easy to track! NEVER download anything without hiding your IP with a VPN.